The STATWARS® Film and TV and Climate Change Challenge projects empower young people to use data, numeracy and mathematics in a meaningful and engaging manner.
Film and TV asks pupils to use data to decide on a film or TV concept, which if was created, might be successful.
Climate Change Challenge asks pupils to use data to identify 3 things they can change about their everyday life that will reduce their carbon footprint and help fight climate change.
Whilst the specific topics covered in each project are different, the skills developed and requirements are the same.
- Develop their understanding of the topic and the importance of data
- Engage in an interview with a professional to inspire them to find out more
- Collect and analyse data to help develop ideas and make decisions
- Engage in research to develop their ideas
- Create a data driven infographic which highlights the choices they have made
- Create a poster which will either advertise or persuade others
- Create a 60 second pitch or showcase of their ideas, using their infographic and poster
If you want to view our resources you can register for free here